“We learn who we are in practice not in theory.”
On Tap, LLC2016-08 — Current
Front End Web Developer
Developed and maintained WordPress websites for small and medium-sized companies.
- Introduced the Agile methods of stand up and retrospective to the company.
- Created process documentation for website development, migration, quality assurance, go live, monitoring, and optimization.
- Introduced proper storage of passwords through the implementation of a password manager.
- Developed new responsive websites with provided designs and filling in design gaps when needed.
- Audited the code base of inherited projects and provided fixes for inefficient implementations.
- Implemented test cases and documentation for third party code updates.
- Provided timely updates to plugins, themes and core files to support security.
- Updated numerous DNS for go-lives.
- Assessed crawl errors in Google Search console and ensured proper implementation of redirects.
- Guided teammates on UX principles.
- Advocated and implemented elements to support website accessibility.
VML2016-04 — 2016-08
Contract Lead Web Developer
Led a team of Front End Web Developers on the Sprint client engagement.
- Helped onboard new contractors to the team.
- Facilitated one-on-one meetings with team members to assess progress.
- Provided new team members with AEM training.
Lexmark and Perceptive Software2007-04 — 2016-04
In 2007, I began working as the sole web developer within the Marketing department of Perceptive Software. I performed updates to Perceptive Software's website which at that time was a flat-file structure with some data-driven pages served out of Lotus Notes. In 2008, I participated in the assessment to purchase an enterprise web content management system. That same year I worked as a part of a small team to implement and migrate our site to the SDL Tridion Web Content Management System. From 2009 to 2011 I assisted in the development of localized websites for our international markets. After being acquired by Lexmark in 2010, we then worked on a follow-up migration to Adobe Experience Manager. I worked on a customer-facing portal built with AngularJS and a CSS animation project to facilitate a sales presentation delivered on a large touchscreen monitor.
- Wrote LESS and Angular templates, directives, factories, and controllers for Managed Print Services portal.
- Developed component dialogs and page templates in JSTL and JSP along with services in Java for site authoring and rendering in Adobe Experience Manager.
- Created content schemas, components, component templates and page templates with XML and XSLT for producing multiple sites in SDL Tridion.
- Sandboxed HTML5, Bootstrap, custom CSS and jQuery from Photoshop designs for our prospect facing website, Partner Portal, annual product conference website, and online thought leadership magazine to enable migration to our content management systems.
- Planned and facilitated usability testing of Perceptive Software website then later partnered with Usability consultant, Useagility, to perform an in-depth usability assessment.
- Served as a rotating Scrum Master, Testing and Release Manager.
On Tap, LLC2015-4 — 2016-8
Freelance Web Developer
Pitch in where needed to help build small business sites run on WordPress.
- Assisted in writing a handful of WordPress PHP templates, jQuery, and custom SASS, including flexbox layouts, to help the team make a year-end deadline for Hilary’s Eat Well.
- Served as a fill-in designer by choosing and customizing a WordPress theme to apply to an ongoing redesign of the KC Stem website.
University of Kansas Medical Center1998-02 — 2007-04
I worked to support the Medical and Nursing school faculty to create and facilitate online courses.
- Designed and developed Flash animations and quizzes using ActionScript to support Clinical Lab Science courses and as supplements for the Digital Photobiology Compendium.
- Assisted faculty in the instructional design and development, including custom CSS, of learning management hosted courses (ANGEL LMS and Blackboard).
- Designed, developed, and created information architecture for flat-file HTML websites to support Nursing, Medical, and Clinical Lab Science courses.
University of Illinois2013 — 2015
- Java 1: Introduction to Java and the Eclipse Development Environment
- Java 2: The Java Programming Language
- Java 3: Java Programming Foundations
- Java 4: Java Applications Building
University of Arkansas1995 — 1997
University of Arkansas1991 — 1994
- CSS, SASS, LESS
- Bootstrap, Responsive Design
- Java, JSP
- XML, XSLT
- Scrum Master
- Sprint Planning
- Test Manager
- Release Manager
- IntelliJ, Eclipse, Sublime Text
- Visual Studio Code
- Adobe Experience Manager
- SDL Tridion
- Usability Testing
- Information Architecture
- Wireframe creation
- Semantic HTML5 markup to support findability
- Scuba Diving
- Plant-based Nutrition
- Financial Literacy